Username Password: Remember me

Question
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
This is the body and mind forum center

TOPIC: Question

Re: باسخ‌به: Question 10 years, 3 months ago #6982

• Patrizia
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear Ostad Jalilzadeh and dear friends, I have two questions please.

The first one is about the body conditioning. When you are hitting the hands to make them stronger (soyato I guess, then sohito and the back), after the hit you are going with the arms back to the side of the body. This movement I guess it is done to gain energy and make the movement going on without stop, correct? Because I see that the exercize for the chest are done later, so I guess you are not hitting the side, but simply rubbing. Did I see it correctly?

The second question is a curiosity. I have seen a picture of Yaromeh, and I was curious to understand. I see that the uniform is still very close to Karate, this means that the picture probably come from the early days, when To'a was at his early creation. I see the pants still open, the jacket etc etc etc. (Maybe around 1973/1975?)
May I know please what technique was Yaromeh performing in this picture? Was it a first and early version of Mato with the action hand open to become fist at the end? Or was it Nokton? I don't really get it because the right side of the picture is not complete, it is cut. Did also Mato has been modified same as many others techniques, or Yaromeh didn't modified along the years?

Thank you so much!
Attachments:

Re: باسخ‌به: Question 10 years, 3 months ago #6987

Dear Patrizia, there are few reasons for the hitting the elbows to the body on body conditioning.

1- It is practising that to keep the arms close to the body all the time.
2- To keep in mind to have proper reaction.
3- To have enough time for every one in the class to follow the rhythm of the movement all together.
Last Edit: 10 years, 3 months ago by Mostafa Jalilzadeh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Assar, Patrizia

Re: باسخ‌به: Question 10 years, 3 months ago #6988

• Patrizia
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you so much Ostad Jalilzadeh! Now I got it.

To'A!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mostafa Jalilzadeh, Assar

Re: باسخ‌به: Question 10 years, 3 months ago #6989

Patrizia, for your second part of the question:
That picture of Yaromeh is from around year 1971.
That time Yaromeh was practising and teaching Karate, I believe the technique he is showing, it is from Karate also.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Assar, Patrizia

Re: باسخ‌به: Question 10 years, 2 months ago #7111

• Patrizia
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear Ostad Jalilzadeh and dear friends, I have read in the farsi section that Ostad Jalilzadeh explained that the meaning of "Keyeto" comes from "Chi" + "To", meaning the inner energy that we develop while we are practicing Kung Fu To'a is transferred from inside, as "Chi" (or "Ki") , to an external object, ( "To" means "you" ). So the energy is passed from inside to you, or an external object. And this is also the reason why all the kicks has the name of "keyeto" at the end.

What about "Mato"?

I was thinking that if there is a meaning associated to all the kicks, maybe for the punches it could be the same. If I try to find a meaning, I know that "ma" in farsi means "us", and "To" is you. could it be the same thing? of course here there is not a reference to the Ki or Chi, but maybe it could indicate that in the punches the distance between the bodies are erased, and comes from me to you?

Is there a meaning also for the kicks?

For example, if I try to search a meaning for "horayad keyeto", "hor a yad " could it possibly be something like "Hor a yad" ( حر ا یاد )? Something like "learning or memory of the motion" or something alike?

Too much fantasy?

Thank you in advance.

Re: باسخ‌به: Question 9 years, 7 months ago #7713

• Patrizia
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear Master Jalilzadeh, friends and Hamrahan, in the latest times I am working on the little details to improve the techniques, and I was noticing something about the basic stances that I wish to share with you.

Looking at the body position in some pictures or videos in internet or in the gym, I realized that it may happens that when we are in Rato position or in Horeima Rato the knee of the front leg sometimes is not in line with the front foot. I think with the time this would affect the ligaments of the knee and so I decided to pay more attention to it, expecially because I think all of us wish to do Kung Fu To'A for all our life and not only in our "youth"...(more or less)

At the beginning I was thinking that the problem may come from a weak muscles in the inner thigh, so I was trying simply to push the leg outward. But then again I noticed that if we slightly turn the hips the resulting rotation would take the knee automatically in a more safe position for the ligaments.
So I think it that to help a beginner to learn the correct Horeima Rato stance from the very beginning, it would be helpful to say that the position of the hips in Horeima rato should be at 45 degrees.
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds