(1 viewing) (1) Guest
This is the body and mind forum center
  • Page:

TOPIC: "Weima mato" or "Weima bato"

"Weima mato" or "Weima bato" 6 years, 12 months ago #11030

• Patrizia
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear Ostad Jalilzadeh and dear friends,
in relation with a video that you recently shared on Facebook about Weima Mato, I saw that somebody asked you about the correct name of the 7th mumay, “Weima Mato” or “Weima Bato”.
I remember that almost 4 years ago you gave a nice explanation here in the persian forum, so I thought to try to write an english translation, hoping that it may be helpful to the international community.
With your permission, it would be a priviledge for me to share it here and to thank you for making as always things clear.
TO’A

“Dear friends, recently a debate emerged between the hamrahan in relation with khat 7 that says that “weima bato” is correct or “weima mato”.
However I previously explained this problem somewhere but I do it again hoping that it may be useful.

The name “weima mato” or “weima bato” is composed of 2 words, the first part”weima” in Kung Fu To’a means openned. For example Duma Defence that is performed with the side of the fist, when is used to defend the upper part of the body we call it “Duma”, but the same defense when is used to defend the lower part of the body is called “Weima Duma”. Because to defend downward we are forced to completely open the arm namely “Duma” hits by opening.
The second part is “Mato”. “Mato” means closed fist, and “Bato” means conjoin and being united.

Khat 7 that we all known, is also famous as “Deadly claw”, meaning that the majority of the techniques are performed with the claw or fingers. Well, to perform the claw techniques we must have the same fist to be kept opened, and it means we have to hit with the open fist. As a result open means “Weima” and fist means “Mato”, so it becomes “Weima Mato” means open fist. On the other part “Bato” means to conjoin, being together and being united. It means “Weima bato” becomes “opened conjoined” or “become together open”, that is not rational. So it cannot be.

I heard my explanation from the same mouth of Yaromeh and I completely understood it and it is justified. Of course also myself I made the mistake that the majority of the hamrahan do in relation and I read Weima bato. However I have no benefits in calling Weima mato in place if Weima bato and this reminder is merely to inform you dears.

Always be successfull
Mostafa Jalilzadeh”

kungfutoa.ca/index.php/fa/forum-3/16/355...=6&start=24#6147
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ali karami
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds